Working as a Helideck Assistant (HDA) is an activity that requires several skill sets for the one role. The HDA responsibilities include;
- Maintenance of the heideck
- Maintenance of helideck equipment
- Sampling helifuel
- Running out Jet A-1 fuel hose and delivering helifuel
- Managing personnel on the heli deck
- Managing cargo and baggage on the helideck
- Understanding IATA Hazardous Goods requirements
Having an understanding of both international and local requirements is an important part of the role along with understanding changes that can occur and how to manage these in a high noise level environment.
A certificate will be issued upon completing the course for attendance and competency based on the individuals demonstration of knowledge skills and experience.
- Hold a current medical certificate of fitness
- Read, write and speak English at an appropriate level that ensures safe operation of rigging equipment
- Over 18 years of age
Industry needs competent personnel who have gained knowledge from exposure to a learning experience. Jacobshill provide learning solutions designed to exceed your training expectations. To ensure this quality session is tailored to your individual needs, please call or visit our contact page to discuss further how we can meet your needs.
MORE TRAINING COURSES
i-Prevent Dropped Objects
Engineered Learning Solution – Designed to provide attendees with the skills to identify and safely recover potential dropped objects.
Engineered Learning Solution – Designed to provide attendees with the skills to conduct rigging and slinging in a modern work environment.
i – Operate Forklift Truck
Engineered Learning Solution – Designed to provide attendees with the knowledge skills to operate a forklift truck in an efficient manner.